Wednesday, 16 January 2013

What a Pile of Pants....

Literally! In keeping with my new 2013 do something declutter-y / thrifty every day ....I cleared out my underwear draw. Now, the unworn (but ill-fitting and therefore not useable) contents have become this patchwork cushion cover!! My first one :) woo hoo. I'm quite proud of it. The cushion is for my bedroom, so no unsuspecting guests will be relaxing on my sofa next to some knickers :). I cut a cardboard template to work from.

The back is made from a Gap jersey vest top which I cut up (it had gone all baggy) and I saved some blue lace from one of the pairs of knickers to trim the overlap fabric.

Jersey and Lycra were difficult fabrics but it seems to have worked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment